Thursday, June 22, 2006

Blog Fodder - an offer I cant refuse

Rays of Light, again, is offering me good inspiration. This time it takes the form of a response. She thinks she may be dull.

Click here to read about her blah - blog.

Come for dinner, we can spend the evening staring at each other with blank expressions of dullness on our face. Only, somehow, I think yours will be more interesting.

Adventure is just bad planning. That may be why you don't have as many stories to tell as others do.

Perhaps you can take up the mandolin.

This feeling of dullness is a veil. Tear it down and look at reality with clear eyes. What do you see?

"“Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and centre your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements."
(Bahá'u'lláh: The Tabernacle of Unity,1.4)

So, I am finding that a response that was to big to be a response, is too big to be blogged. Well that is my excuse for not writing a treatise. The reality is that the thoughts are many, mixed and muddled.

Are you feeling sharper yet? More interesting? Moved to a better environment?

Sometimes I feel that I focus on my mundane day, week - myself - too much. I read it in Russian, but can not find the quote in English. But anyway, 'Abdu'l-Baha said that if you are feeling down and can not find relief, even in prayer, find somebody who is worse off than yourself and be of assistance to them.

So there are many ways to show your love for your friends without having to be "interesting" or "funny" or like me (pause for laughter). You can be interesting and encouraging and attentive and be of service.

Take the opportunity to lift the conversation a little bit. And I will stop there, lest, I be charged with hypocrisy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing this blog. I for one - never consider my cuz dull - but I like your input. I'll make sure she reads this.
;-)

Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger leila said...

what? pretentious, moi?

love from leila

Friday, June 23, 2006 1:10:00 AM  
Blogger Paul Ancheta said...

I am so confused. Why is Barbra Streisand touring again?

Friday, June 23, 2006 11:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home