Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Surprising Expiration Dates

Bogdan (name changed to protect the guilty) just sent me a link that some of you learning to live on your own or with others may find useful. Its a "handy" guide to some expiry dates for some things in the frigde and around the home.
http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/content/print/0,22304,676079,00.html

One of the items that I noticed on the list are pickles, which come with the following advice:

Pickles
Unopened: 18 months
Opened: No conclusive data. Discard if slippery or excessively soft.

This really sums up my philosophy for all items in the fridge. Actually, you can hang on to them for another month or two just in case. Call me sentimental. Remember, take a nibble before you stuff the whole thing into your mouth.

I wonder why all my friends stopped responding to invitations for dinner.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeewwwwww

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger TheBehst said...

Ro?

Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:01:00 AM  
Blogger Roya said...

hmm, entertaining, extremely entertaining. I think you've found the clue to ending your blogs. Its's all about the Theme - The main idea or message conveyed by the piece. A theme is generally stated as a complete sentence. ;-)

Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:33:00 AM  
Blogger leila said...

i don't know whether i can stop if i never started.

love from leila

Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Seebz said...

I love it. You're blog is soooo YOU! So nice to have come across it.

Thank you Leila for encouraging him.

Good theory with expiration dates.. although I dont like to know if things are slimy or not.. I'd rather stay away.
I'm fine with checking yogurt even after its expired. Call it the persian in me. I do the same test. If it dosent taste bad.. its still good to go.

(signing off) the end

Love,
Sahba

Friday, May 26, 2006 2:36:00 AM  
Blogger Paul Ancheta said...

I have no idea what you guys/ladies are talking about so I shall continue peeling my Alfonso mango.

Using my fingers.

Sunday, June 04, 2006 7:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Saturday, July 01, 2006 10:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 1:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home