Thursday, May 25, 2006

Cream Cheese

So, I was in the Food Centre and I got this feeling that I need to buy cream cheese. I like cream cheese. But, it is not one of those things that i normally buy. Where did this impulse come from? Was it a subliminal messages in the muzak?

Normally, I dont dream. Or, at least, I dont remember that I dream. But there are different chunks of time - say a few weeks to a month or two - where I would dream, and dream in a specific genre for the period. Lately the genre seems to be me creating, inventing, making, discovering something strange.

Well, in one of these dreams, says a vague recollection, I decided I could substitute cream cheese for another ingredient to make a simple yet gourmet meal quite easily. I dont know what meal, or what it was a substitute for. I dont even think it would have worked in real life. I dont eat anything remotely cream cheesey, except for bread with cream cheese on it, and the occasional cheese cake.

In the end, I did not buy the cream cheese.

5 Comments:

Blogger leila said...

one of my favourite replacements is avocado or bananas for butter/lard/fat in baking recipes.

i'm not even kidding.

you can only use avocado in biscuit recipes if you're going to also put in some cocoa, to cover up the green colour (otherwise people might think you've made mint choc chips!), but otherwise i promise you can't taste the diff.

and bananas in baking make things chewier, as i discovered with my afghans.

behi, i think next time i watch A Fish Called Wanda, you have to be there. amelia and shaun were like Meh. and i felt unbefriended in my mirth.

love from leila

Sunday, May 28, 2006 4:30:00 AM  
Blogger leila said...

beeeeeeeeeehi ... we're almost at a week, now. and you can't still be catching up on monday night's movie marathon!

if you need a little pick-me-up, ask shaun what he has in that ice cream container.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 6:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Saturday, July 01, 2006 10:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 1:20:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Oh, this blog post is ace!!!

Saturday, April 28, 2012 2:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home