Tuesday, September 23, 2008

All the Angry People

One of the things I have been noticing lately is all the upset people around. It's strange - almost culture shock. And the strange part is not that these people exist, it is that it is strange to me. I mean, I can be envious, angry, mad, jealous, cynical and sarcastic as the best of them. Or, at least I used to.

Now, the question is why not? Did something happen to me while I wasn't paying attention. And my preliminary assessment has led me to simple 2 step process to get rid of your angst.
  1. Stop Caring
  2. Start Caring
It's easy as that. In the high tech world of computers they call this technique "rebooting." This is the second step in any troubleshooting scenario right after "make sure your computer is plugged in." Step 1 stop caring. Turn the computer off. Let all the hate, jealousy, petty conflicts, dwelled on unpleasantness of life get erased from RAM. Step 2 start caring. Boot up fresh from disk. This is a good start. Some might need to clean the hard drive from viruses, malware, cookies, Trojans etc. These deep hurts don't always go away on the first try.

I do not know how this works as a conscious process, as I was unaware of what was happening. Also remember, in order to care, you have to be plugged in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home