Friday, October 26, 2007

Eyes Wide Wide

Not too long ago, I was in the mall to take a photo for visa purposes and the photobooth machine, and also look for the store that sells the sleep watch (but that is a different story, one that is too long to type).

I saw the number 15 on the side, so i put a 10 and a five in the coin slot closed the curtain behind me and sat down. Thence, i proceeded to navigate the menu to the size and amount i wanted. This is when I found out it only costs ten. And, the machine does not give change. Press the button to start the timer and take the pictures. At this point I hold my eyes open.

The problem with photos is that whenever the flash goes off, I blink. The strategy is to hold my eyes wide open. The flash goes off. I blink. Somewhere, in the mele of the flash, the blink and the click, all meet at a happy win-win-win situation, hopefully. It didn't work. On the screen I see myself looking like a dear in the headlights. Actually, with this surprised expression on my face I look less dear and more deer.

So it's time for try number two. Button is pressed. Voice is counting. Eyes are open. Click. Again, headlamps.

Third and final time: Button is pressed. Voice is counting. Eyes are open. Click. Oh deer, not again.

So, I select the third set and photos appear in the slot. The camera was a bit zoomed in so my hear fills the whole shot. It's only for a visa, no big deal.

I was walking away, when I realized that there was no flash.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL ... LOL... LOL

Friday, October 26, 2007 9:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home