Sunday, August 12, 2007

Another Dream for You to Interpret

So, there I was swimming in a swimming pool. When all of a sudden, one of the advisers came to me and said, "The president is dead, you are president now." I thought maybe I should jump out and rush to some coronation or swearing ceremony. But, nobody else seemed to be in much of a hurry. So, I kept on swimming. As I swam, I was thinking, "OK, I wasn't elected, I didn't campaign, so its OK for me to be President. But, how did I become Vice President in the first place?"

Along with your interpretation, can one of you grammatically smart people tell me if "president" or "Vice President" needs to be capitalized? That is grammatically capitalized. I am sure they are politically capitalized. Or is that capitolized?

3 Comments:

Blogger leila said...

the trend is to lowercase words like "president", unless they function as an honorific. thus, one says "The president met with her advisors yesterday," but one would uppercase it if it appeared in a sentence like this: "Yesterday, in a meeting with her advisors, President DiFranco mentioned music as a dominating passion".

capishe?

p.s. i was watching videos of you today and they were CRAcking ME UP. i'm so glad i took them.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger TheBehst said...

Ani is president?

Monday, August 20, 2007 3:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

earlier it was possible to marry a queen and to become a king :)

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 4:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home